Chipotle Bean Burritos
Adapted from: Cooking Light
2 tsp. olive oil (not pictured)
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. chili powder
2 adobo peppers, minced
1 tsp. adobo sauce
1 tsp. cumin
1/3 cup beef broth (or vegetable)
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cherry pepper in oil, minced (optional & not pictured)
1 can Hormel chili without beans (optional & not pictured)
6 tbs. salsa
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and cumin. Cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
2. Add the beans, broth and cherry pepper if using. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Cut up the lettuce and tomato.
4. If using the Hormel chili, pour into a pot and heat over medium heat.
5. Remove the beans from the heat and stir in the salsa. This is where I realized that our salsa had grown mold so obviously, I skipped this step. Mash the salsa with a spoon.
6. Spoon the bean mixture in the center of a tortilla shell. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. I made two separate burritos, one with the meat and one without. The burrito in the back of the picture is the one with the meat.