I have a bit of a habit of overdoing myself. I figured since I was making two different types of rolls for our Thanksgiving dinner that I should also make my own herbed butter. Why? Honestly, I don’t know. I guess because I’m kinda crazy and wanted some things that I could prep pretty far in advance that wouldn’t take a lot of time.Print
- Yield: 8 tbsp
- Category: Butter
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- a pinch of pepper
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until everything is incorporated together.
2. Place the butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap and shape to form a log.
3. Wrap tightly and stick in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. To make it easier to spread, let the butter come to room temperature first.
I completely forgot to ask anyone what they thought of this butter. I really liked it and thought it added a nice and unexpected touch to the rolls. On Monday I was rushing to find something to eat before my class and I decided to make a grilled cheese using this butter on the bread. It definitely kicked up a plain white bread and American cheese grilled cheese.