Last week I was talking to a co-worker about how badly I wanted apple pie. I told her I didn’t want to make a whole pie and be the only one to eat it. She gave me a genius suggestion. Make the apple pie in a ramekin.
Apple Pie for One
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 1 1/2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into equal slices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 9″ premade pie crust
- 1 ramekin (mine is 2 inches deep and 5 inches across)
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Add the apples to the bowl and toss to combine.
3. Roll out the pie crust and place in the ramekin. Cut away the excess dough, leaving approximately 1/4 inch of dough on all sides. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the dough has slightly hardened and is lightly browned.
4. Layer the apples in the ramekin until full.
5. Roll out the remaining dough and either make a flat top or a lattice top to cover the pie.
6. Place ramekin on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
Typically I don’t use premade pie crust, but I’m making two other doughs today and figured it might be a bit much. As a serving for one, its a bit large but I only have one size ramekin who cares? Its delicious and I made it even better by eating it for breakfast with a hearty scoop of Starbucks Caramel Macchiato ice cream!