I’ve had pulled pork sandwiches but I’ve never had a pulled chicken sandwich. Last year when I bought the 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels DVD I was suckered into signing up to see what recipes she offered. I quickly found out that almost all of the recipes she recommended came from Eating Well.Print
Barbecue Pulled Chicken – Crock Pot
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- Total Time: 6-8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 oz. green chiles
- 2 tbs. honey
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder (I omitted)
- hamburger buns
1. Trim the chicken of all fat.
2. In the crock pot, add all of the other ingredients and stir well.
3. Add the chicken to the crock pot and spoon sauce over chicken.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken falls apart.
5. Toast the bun and serve chicken on top.
Source: Eating Well
Keywords: chicken, lighter choices, entree, dinner, lunch, sandwich, bbq