1. Preheat the oven to 375. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the sugar, light brown sugar and shortening. Mix together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time until completely incorporated.
4. Add the milk and vanilla. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Once combined, add in the oats, one cup at a time until fully incorporated.
5. Drop rounded tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 2” inches of space between each cookie. Bake for 13–15 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Slightly Adapted from: Great Value*