1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spread oats and pecans out on a large baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, tossing occasionally until the are lightly toasted.
2. Line a 9×11 baking dish with parchment paper that hangs over the sides of the dish.
3. In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Then fold in the oats and pecans.
4. Scoop into the parchment lined baking dish and press down to make the mixture even. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the granola is a light golden brown.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15-20 minutes.
6. Use the parchment paper hanging over the dish to lift the granola bars out of the dish. Return to the wire rack and let cool competely.
7. Slice into bars.