Recipe swap time again! The category for this swap was Celebrity recipes. It was actually pretty hard for me to pick out a recipe to submit. I didn’t realize that I rarely blog any recipes made by celebrities anymore. Luckily though, I do have a few on here. For this swap, I was given Cathy’s blog, Cathy’s Kitchen Journey and her adaptation of Tyler Florence’s Shrimp Scampi.
Recipes like shrimp scampi make me sad for all of the years I refused to eat shrimp any way other than steamed (peel-n-eat for you non-Marylanders). Shrimp, butter, garlic and pasta. What could be a better combination?Print
Recipe Swap: Shrimp Scampi
- Yield: 2
- Category: Seafood
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you like)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, optional
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/3 lb. fettuccine
- 1 tsp. parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the shallots are translucent.
3. Add the white wine and lemon juice and let bubble for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid has burned off.
4. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
5. Add the remaining butter and olive oil and stir until the butter has melted. Drain the pasta and add into the skillet. Toss to coat.
6. Serve the shrimp and pasta garnished with parsley and with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from: Cathy’s Kitchen Journey
Tom isn’t a fan of lemon in savory dishes so I always just use the juice from a slice of lemon to add to my plate individually. This was great, we both really enjoyed it and I definitely plan on making it this way again.