I participate on multiple messages boards pretty much every day. Two of them are food related and we have a post called Blog Updates where everyone posts the picture of their latest blogged dish and the link to it. So one of the first things I do after getting to work in the morning is to log into Blogger so I can get that information.
Since the first thing I see is my dashboard, I'm also instantly made aware of any new followers or comments. It's always a rather exciting morning to see that my followers count has went up or someone left me a comment. I love knowing you're all out there.
I mean, I know you're there. I can "see" you if I click on Followers, but since you're all just little avatars that I pretty much only communicate with through the words on these pages, its easy to sometimes think that there really isn't anyone out there.
Which is why when I read my comment this morning from JustBaked that she awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award I was extra excited. It gives me a very "You really like me!" moment. So, what is the Versatile Blogger Award you ask?
"It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise."
The rules of this award include:
1. Thanking the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
6. In the same post, include this set of rules.
7. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So, lets get started. Thank you, thank you, thank you JustBaked! I really appreciate it!
7 Things About Me
1. Some of my best thoughts/ideas come to me while I'm in the shower. I should have been the person who created the waterproof notepad to keep in the shower.
2. I said this to some friends recently, but I like cooking for entertainment purposes and new people more than I like cooking for my husband most times. At this point, he's spoiled and expects new recipes. Other people don't.
3. I dream in muted colors like pastels. Its very rare for me to dream in bold or bright colors. Also, all of the faces of people in my dreams are blurry but I always know who they are.
4. When I win millions of dollars I will build a gigantic animal sanctuary for homeless pets. It will only be staffed by animal lovers and will have absolutely anything any animal could ever need or dream of.
5. My dream job is an event/wedding planner. I'm too organized for my own good so I might as well put it to use, right?
6. I'd prefer to be hot than cold because once I'm cold, there is no getting warm again but I can always cool off.
7. I fully believe in "Pay it Forward". I think if everyone believed and acted like this the world would be a completely different place.
15 Bloggers to Pass This Along To
Ashley @ Wife on a Budget
Stephanie @ Life According to Steph
Jaida @ Sweet Beginnings
Cassie @ Cassie Craves
Sarah @ Taste of Home Cooking
Mary Ellen @ Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations
Lynsey @ Lynsey Lou's
Liz @ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Heather @ Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Pam @ For the Love of Cooking
Jesse @ Hourman
Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake
Anna @ Crunchy, Creamy Sweet
"Elise" @ Things That Are Not Bagels