Last Friday I shared the delicious Pot Roast Sliders recipe I made for the recipe swap. After letting Tom pick out the slider recipe, I clicked through the side dishes and salads on Jaida’s blog to figure out something to make with them.
This recipe jumped out at me immediately. Its a great summer salad and one I hadn’t tried before.
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
I left the skins and seeds on/in the cucumber since I figured it wouldn’t make too much of a difference. I ran out of time before making this recipe and chose to just let it marinade while I prepped and made everything else for dinner.
The vinegar in this reminded me a lot of the Korean Cucumber Salad I make but the mint gave this a really nice fresh and sweeter taste I wasn’t expecting. This is a great little summer salad you can whip up fairly quickly and would be perfectly alongside burgers, grilled chicken, roasted pork…just about anything you can imagine.