Original: About a month ago Tom and I randomly decided to order subs from Domino’s. Living in the middle of no where, I didn’t even know that we had a Domino’s or that they delivered. Luckily for us, they did. I looked at their menu online and instantly decided that I wanted the Mango Habanero Chicken Sandwich. I love spicy foods and thought this would be awesome. It was. Unbelievably awesome. It had that right amount of spice that makes your lips tingle and just enough sweetness that you could keep eating it. I knew that I had to recreate this sandwich.
- 3 chicken cutlets or tenderloins
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded pineapple
- 3-4 tbsp. Mango Habanero hot sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese (Sargento)
- 3 sub rolls
1. Place the jalapeno pepper in a small pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat and set the jalapeno pepper aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Shred the chicken or cut into bite sizes pieces. Place two slices of provolone cheese on each sub roll. Place the rolls on the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the rolls are lightly toasted.
5. Meanwhile, slice the jalapeno pepper into thin rings, removing the membrane and seeds if you want to reduce the heat.
6. Layer each sub roll with chicken, shredded pineapple and jalapeno rings. Drizzle the hot sauce over the subs and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
These were just as good as I remembered the first time, maybe even better. I still need to create my own mango habanero hot sauce but I can never seem to find ripe mangos and habaneros in the grocery store on the same weeks. I’m starting to think its a conspiracy against me. :-p