Are you still sick of zucchini? Almost everyone I know has an overabundance of zucchini in the summer either from their out of control garden or a CSA they participate in. I figured I’d wait a while before posting this recipe just in case you were one of those people thinking “I’m going to cry if I see a zucchini ever again!”
I hope, however, that I don’t make you cry seeing this recipe. It’s rather tasty and pretty inventive so hopefully its not something that you’ve had yet this year.Print
Great as a side dish or a vegetarian option, this veggie stuffed zucchini will fill you up!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Oven
- 1 zucchini, halved with seeds and pulp removed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-heat. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Remove from the heat and transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Toss until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the center of the zucchini. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Source: Clean Eating, August/September 2011
Keywords: stuffed zucchini, side dish, mushrooms, onions, zucchini
I didn’t even bother making enough of this for Tom to try it. Every time I even pick up a zucchini in the grocery store he eyes it warily and asks me what I’m going to make with it. My standard response has become “nothing for you”.
I thought these were great and much more filling than I expected.