- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the banana, pumpkin, egg, egg white and vanilla.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt together with a whisk.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture into the stand mixer until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
I was expecting this to be kind of dry, but it was quite the opposite. The bread is really moist and the pumpkin and banana flavors come through strongly. I had a slice for breakfast each morning.