However, pork tenderloin was on sale a bit ago and I had stocked up, so I figured this interesting combination of ingredients was worth a shot.
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-sticking cooking spray. Season the pork with salt and pepper and drizzle the Worcestershire sauce over it. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Spoon the sauce over the pork and serve immediately.
The combination of these flavors turned out quite well together. I was really surprised at how much the red wine and orange juice sweetened up the cranberries to make them edible. I served this with roasted red potatoes and green beans.