It’s really not that difficult and I know that, I just have such a hard time choosing. But, it just so happened that I printed out this side dish recipe in between one for pork and one for cupcakes. Since it’d be just weird to serve green beans with cupcakes, I decided it was a sign that I should serve it with the pork.
I had some leftover mushrooms in the fridge that were going to go bad soon, so I decided to toss those in as well.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes or until lightly seared in some spots.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally for another 4-6 minutes or until the green beans are soft. Garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this side dish. Its something that comes together rather quickly and can be served throughout the year. It also paired really well with the spicy pork dish I made, which I’ll be sharing next week.