Either way, when I saw Joelen share these pepperoni pizza sliders I knew I needed to make them right away. It was the week we were leaving for Florida and I was trying to empty the fridge out as much as possible. I had a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese and a package of pepperonis in the fridge. Also not wanting to spend a bunch of money at the grocery store before we left, this worked out perfectly as all I needed to buy were the slider rolls (I always have pizza sauce in the pantry).
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 24-36 beef or turkey pepperonis
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine the butter, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Slice each Hawaiian roll in half and spread pizza sauce on both sides. Place 2-3 pepperonis on top of the pizza sauce and then add a large pinch of the shredded mozzarella.
4. Top one half of the roll with the other to form and sandwich and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, placing them right next to each other, making 3 rows of 4.
5. Brush the melted butter mixture on top of the sandwiches and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the tops of the rolls are lightly toasted. Serve immediately.
Delicious! If you hadn’t figured it out, these sandwiches are the close relatives of the ham and cheese sliders that are immediately gobbled up at parties. With very similar ingredients, you could easily whip up a batch of each for your next party to add a little variety or provide an alternate choice for those not a fan of ham.