- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
Doesn’t the name alone practically have your mouth watering? Or maybe it’s just me because I haven’t allowed myself to eat any sweets in 5 days and this is probably what will knock me right back off the bandwagon. On the bandwagon? I never remember how that saying goes.
Anyway, this recipe comes to you ( us?) from Becoming Pigzilla and it’s my choice for the Blogger’s Choice Recipe Swap. I initially planned to make this for Tom’s birthday dinner but we already had a ton of sopapilla cheesecake bars lying around and I thought it would be just too much temptation to have both accessible while trying to lose weight, so I put them off for another week.
Deep Dish Cookie Pies
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on low speed until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
2. Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together into a bowl. Gently pour into the stand mixer.
4. Slowly pour the chocolate chips into the mixer.
5. Scoop a large spoonful of the batter into the ramekins, filling each about 3/4 of the way full. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown but not completely cooked in the center.
6. Let cool slightly and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Can not eating sweets for 5 days change the way you taste things? I found these to be teeth-hurting sweet when combined with the ice cream, but Tom looked at me like I was crazy and said they were perfectly fine. So who knows what happened to my taste buds, but even if it was really sweet to me, I definitely enjoyed eating one of these for dessert.