This was no exception, other than I had somehow managed to miss the large carton of eggs in the fridge and ended buying another one. I needed a relatively quick recipe that could use up a lot of those eggs at once, and it never hurts when the recipe is healthy too!
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 green onions, diced
- 5 oz. baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. In a large ovenproof non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute. Then add the spinach and ham and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook, lifting the edges so the uncooked eggs can flow through. Sprinkle with the cheese.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I had to make some adjustments to this recipe, since I couldn’t find dill or leeks at the store, but overall I thought it still turned out pretty well. Of course, Tom was upset that they weren’t actual green eggs in the recipe. I guess you can’t win them all.