And even moderately healthy.
This should become your new number one comfort food. It’s better than mac and cheese. Yes, I said it. It’s better than mac and cheese. It’s better than brownies. It’s better than ice cream. Okay, well maybe that is pushing it, but you need to make this.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper each
- 3 cups fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 lb. linguine (angel hair and fettuccine work as well)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, minced
1. Heat the butter, garlic and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn.
2. Once the butter has melted fully, add the salt, pepper, chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the linguine and allow to cook according to package directions, stirring frequently so the mixture doesn’t boil over.
4. Once fully cooked, stir in the cheese then remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
Okay, so not only is this like the best comfort food ever, but it takes minutes to prepare. I served this along with a Cajun seasoned chicken breast that I cooked on the Griddler and I had dinner done and plated within 30 minutes. Now that is my kind of meal!