I initially had planned on marinating the fruit in a mojito dressing and then putting the fruit on skewers but after looking at everything in the bowl, I decided skewers would just take away from it.
- 1/2 watermelon, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 small cantelope, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled
- 1 pint blackeberries
- 1/4 cup mojito mixer liquid
- 2 tbsp. rum (optional)
- fresh mint leaves
- sugar, as needed
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the fruit.
2. Pour mojito mixer and rum over the fruit. Toss to combine. Add sugar to taste. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
It doesn’t get much easier than that, does it? You could easily use any type of fruit that is in season when you are making this and if you didn’t even want to deal with the prep work, you could easily just add the mojito, rum, mint and sugar to a purchased fruit salad.
Surprisingly, almost every immediately gravitated towards this fruit. The rum taste wasn’t very strong (which I wanted) but the mojito flavor was definitely there.