- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar, for rolling the cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, honey and shortening on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Then add the in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in the flour mixture until a dough forms.
6. Use a 2-tablespoon sized scoop to scoop out dough and roll into a ball. Drop in the sugar and toss to coat. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and press down with a fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.