Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Crunch Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with liners.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, canola oil and sugar together. Beat on low speed then add in eggs one at a time, followed by the sour cream and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture until fully combined. Use a wooden spoon to stir in chocolate chips.
4. Prepare the streusel by combining the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Use a fork to cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles wet sand.
5. Fill each muffin tin halfway with the muffin batter then sprinkle with the streusel. Add more batter to fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way then top with more streusel.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.