But I definitely plan on making some homemade crackers soon. And maybe a new dip recipe to go with it. What do you think?
I chose this roasted red pepper dip mainly because I had all of the ingredients on hand and I was curious to see if I could lighten it up a bit.
- 8 oz. jarred roasted red peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. fat-free mayo
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- crackers, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Drain the liquid from the red peppers and pat dry with a paper towel. Dice into small pieces.
3. In a bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until combined, then stir in the roasted red pepper.
4. Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until melted and lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
For such an easy recipe, this dip packs in a lot of flavor. I definitely plan on making this the next time we have people over. If you’re working on being healthier, you could just as easily serve this dip with cut veggies instead of crackers.