This recipe came about because I happened to see the Velveeta queso in the store and picked it up because it looked interesting. Then I was going through my recipes and saw that this one called for it and knew I should make it right away.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 7 oz. deli roast beef, finely chopped
- 4 oz. canned green chiles
- 16 oz. Velveeta queso, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- baguette slices, crackers, chips
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onions and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the roast beef and green chiles until heated through. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, combine cheese and milk over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Stir in the beef and vegetable mixture until fully combined.
3. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with baguette slices, crackers, or chips.
I’m usually not a big fan of deli roast beef but in this cheesy goodness it was absolutely delicious. We really enjoyed this dip and I even put the heated up leftovers on toasted white bread for a completely unhealthy sandwich.