Disney’s version uses canned pineapple and vanilla ice cream. I wanted to make a Paleo friendly variety since that’s my current lifestyle 90% of the time.
But first, let’s talk about the Improv Challenge. After three years of being our faithful host, Kristen has decided to retire and has passed the Improv torch onto Lesa, who I’m sure will do a great job. In case you’ve missed the dozens of recipes I’ve posted explaining the Improv Challenge, let’s review that again, while we’re at it. Each month there are two ingredients and our challenge is to create a recipe using them. To find out more, or to sign up, head on over to Lesa’s page.
The two ingredients for this month are milk and honey. Part of me wanted to find a savory recipe for these two ingredients, but then I was searching for recipes with the two ingredients and found this and then all thoughts of savory recipes flew out of my head. Sorry?
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped (or 12 oz. frozen unsweetened pineapple)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut)
- 1 tbsp. honey
1. If using fresh pineapple, you’ll want to freeze this for 12 hours or preferably overnight.
2. Combine ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender (like a Vitamix) until smooth.
3. Transfer to a large zip-top bag. Cut off a corner and pipe into dishes. Serve immediately.
I just don’t even know what to say. It’s delicious. You need this in your life. And even if you bought a Vitamix just to make it, it would still be a hell of a savings over a trip to Disney World. (Well, maybe not if you’re a Florida resident and go by yourself, but you know what I mean!)