Emma Swan is the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White. As a newborn she is placed in an enchanted wardrobe and send to the land without magic. Pinocchio is supposed to stay with her and guide her, allowing her break the curse on her 28th birthday. Pinocchio is weak and doesn’t hold up his end of the bargain. Emma grows up an orphan, in the foster system believing that no one loves her and her parents gave her up because they didn’t want her. On her 28th birthday, after making a wish on a lone candle in a cupcake that she didn’t want to be alone, there is a knock at her door. It’s Henry, the son she gave up for adoption 10 years ago. Henry convinces Emma to take him back home to Storybrooke and explains that they are all actually fairy tale characters but they are cursed and she is the one to break the curse. It takes a very long time for Emma to believe. I believe there are two episodes where Emma orders a grilled cheese from Granny’s so I opted to choose this food for her.
Emma’s Grilled Cheese (Grilled Cheese Sticks)
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 24 sticks
16 slices of bread (white, wheat, etc.)
8 tbsp. of butter, softened
12 slices American cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread.
3. On the opposite side of the butter place 1 1/2 slices of American cheese on 8 slices of bread. Place the remaining piece of bread on top, creating 8 sandwiches. Arrange on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 8-9 minutes, then flip over, ensuring that both sides are evenly browned.
5. Optional: slice each sandwich into 3 sticks
I guess this is really more of a “baked” cheese than a grilled cheese, but when making grilled cheese for a crowd, this is definitely the way to go.