Luckily for me, Sarah’s Kitchen had more than enough recipes I could make as is, or adapt with only one or two ingredients. I had a lot of fun going through her recipes and trying to decide which one I was going to make.
I finally narrowed it down between the Sweetfire Chicken and the Piri Piri Chicken. As you can see, I opted for the second recipe but only because it’s an English recipe and we were leaving for Universal Studios (or mainly, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter) in a few days and I thought I should start eating English. 🙂
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 orange, sliced into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a large 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Mix together the lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red pepper, cilantro, salt and 1 tbsp. of the olive oil together in a shallow dish. Add the chicken thighs and toss to coat in the mixture.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together the green pepper, red pepper, red onion, and ground coriander with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Spread evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the chicken thighs on top.
4. Squeeze the orange wedges over the chicken then arrange the wedges around the chicken thighs. Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
I don’t usually dishes with citrus because Tom isn’t a big fan, but we both really liked this.