Have I ever mentioned my obsession with peaches? 😉 Their season is way too short for me. I know you can find them in the grocery stores for the majority of the summer months and then into early fall, but the peak of their season is just this rather tiny window in the month of August and there is not nearly enough time in that month for me to enjoy peaches as much as I want to.
I used to only think of peaches in sweet, baked dishes but have recently found just how nicely they pair with more savory items like prosciutto, which is another ingredient that I love and could easily eat by the pound. ( I may or may not have eaten an entire package of prosciutto in one sitting more than one time)
Prosciutto Peach Pizza
Source: Cookaholic Wife creation
Servings: 1 pizza, 8 slices
- 1 12-inch prepared pizza crust (or homemade)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 oz. prosciutto, shredded
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, torn (or basil)
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brush the olive oil onto the pizza dough. Place mozzarella cheese slices on top, followed by peach slices and finally prosciutto. Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on your dough) until golden and crisp on the bottom.
3. Garnish with the mint leaves and drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top.
Honestly, I could eat this pizza almost every night. After we had this for dinner one night and I ate up the leftovers, I bought flatbreads so I could continue to make this meal in individual-sized portions.