But, if you wanted to make your own, here is a great recipe for you to try. You can never go wrong with the combination of cinnamon and sugar and adding almonds to it makes it almost seem healthy.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups unsalted, raw almonds
- 1/8 cup water
1. In a medium bowl, combine the sugars, cinnamon and salt.
2. In a large r bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy. Add the almonds to the bowl and toss to coat, making sure to get them all coated. Then pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the almonds and toss to coat until each almond is covered in the mixture (there will still be some cinnamon sugar left)
3. Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add the coated almonds and turn the slow cooker on low. Cook for 3 hours stirring every 20 minutes. In the last hour, add the water.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the hot almonds out onto the sheet in an even layer with a spatula. Allow to cool and then break up individually.
As an added bonus, your house will smell absolutely amazing while you have these almonds cooking. Crunchy, sweet and cinnamon-y! You can easily package these up into little treat bags and give them out as a gifts. If you can manage not to eat them all first. Good luck with that…