Source: Cookaholic Wife creation
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1. Combine the garlic and oil in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes more, or until the garlic is a golden brown color.
2. Remove from the heat and set aside for at least 30 minutes but up to 3 days (refrigerate once cooled.)
3. Discard the garlic.
4. Rinse the scallops from any salt solution they may have been packaged in. Pat both sides with paper towels until dry, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the garlic infused oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the scallops and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until nicely caramelized. Avoid picking up the scallops as they are cooking or they will never get browned. Flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
6. Add the butter to the skillet and spoon over the scallops. Remove from the heat immediately and serve.
These scallops got the perfect amount of caramelization on both sides and were so delicious I regretted not making more.