- 8 oz. kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices
- 8 slices rye bread
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. ground mustard
- 16 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. pickled jalapeno slices
1. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add in the kielbasa. Cook for 4-5 minutes (for homemade pork kielbasa, 2-3 minutes for store-bought turkey variety) on each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
2. Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread the mustard on the opposite side. Assemble the sandwich by placing a slice of cheese on each piece of bread then dividing up the sliced kielbasa and pickled jalapenos on one side. Close the sandwiches.
3. Wipe out the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding additional cooking spray or butter as needed.
4. Slice diagonally and serve immediately.
I’ve made a variety of grilled cheese sandwiches in my lifetime and I have to tell you, this one ranks in the top 5 best grilled cheeses I’ve ever had. Its cheesy and gooey, spicy and extra filling. You need this in your life.