Of course, Tom doesn’t like sweet potatoes so we always have at least two different types of potatoes in this house depending on what I’m making for the week.
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. softened butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Pierce each potato with a fork multiple times. Wrap each potato in a paper towel and place in the microwave. Microwave for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender to the touch.
2. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool until you can handle them.
3. Once cooled, slice open the potato and remove the pulp, transferring it to a bowl. Add the butter, milk, cheese, sage, salt and pepper and mash or whisk potatoes until smooth.
This is probably one of the easiest recipes for mashed sweet potatoes that you’ll ever encounter. I know some people don’t believe in using the microwave for potatoes but I am all about convenience. Especially if you were prepared a dish like this for the holidays. Maximize your space!
But if you are one of those people who won’t microwave a potato, you could peel and dice them, then bring them to a boil for 15 minutes in salted water or until fork tender. Drain, then add in the remaining ingredients and mash/whisk until smooth.