The name of this recipe is really a mouthful. First you have the sauce, Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce. Then you have the protein, pulled pork and then you have the little fact that I cooked it in the crock pot which just adds two more words onto that incredibly long list.
I couldn’t even get that to fit on an image! But don’t let this 10 word recipe title deter you in the least. This really requires minimal ingredients and effort on your time. The sauce only takes 10 minutes to make and can be made in advance if this is something you’d rather do on the weekend but want the pork during the workweek.
Slow Cooker Honey Whiskey BBQ Pulled Pork
Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Pillsbury Honey Butter Biscuits, or sandwich rolls
1. Combine garlic powder, onion, pepper, salt and cayenne in a small bowl. Rub over the pork shoulder.
2. Place the pork into a 4 quart or larger slow cooker and pour 1 1/4 cup of the sauce over the pork. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, then shred with two forks, discarding any fat.
3. Serve the pulled pork on halved Honey Butter Biscuits or sandwich rolls, using the remaining 1/4 cup of sauce to pour on top if desired.