Maybe I’ll bring back the salted caramel trend on my own. …Yeah right.
Anyway, mini chocolate chips + salted caramel + cheesecake is like my idea of heaven.
for the crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
for the filling:
- 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
for the salted caramel:
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they turn into fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and pour the melted butter on top. Stir until the crumbs are moistened.
3. Press a heaping tablespoon of the Oreo mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and press down with the back of a spoon or another flat surface. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside.
4. Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until completely smooth. Add in the sugar and yogurt and beat until fully combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Mix in the vanilla and mini chocolate chips until just incorporated.
5. Fill each cupcake liner with the cream cheese batter until nearly full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until just set with the center still slightly jiggly.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge and allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the salted caramel sauce by putting the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir with a spoon until the sugar is a thick, amber-colored liquid.
8. Add in the butter, stirring until fully melted then very slowly drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute then remove from the heat and stir in the sauce. Allow to cool before using.
9. Once cheesecakes and salted caramel have cooled, drizzle the salted caramel into the center of each cheesecake.
So whip up some cheesecake and join me in wishing Camilla a happy 16th wedding anniversary!