Ham and Swiss.
Ice cream and hot fudge.
There are just certain ingredients that go so well together, we being to automatically combine them in our minds.
Chicken + Bacon + Ranch is definitely one of those combinations. If you are a fan of ranch dressing, I’m sure you’ve found a variety of items to put it on aside from your standard garden salad. Personally, I believe bacon is a welcome addition to just about any meal and chicken is so versatile that you can add it to just about anything.
Combining these three flavors into a salad was a no brainer.
Adapted from: Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 3 bell peppers, diced (any colors)
- 2 cups corn, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 pint grape (or cherry) tomatoes
- ½ red onion, minced
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Ranch dressing homemade or store bought
1. Remove meat from the rotisserie chicken and dice.
2. Slice the hard-boiled eggs into quarters.
3. Rinse, dry and tear the lettuce. Place in the bottom of a bowl.
4. Add a layer of bell peppers, corn, cabbage and red onion. Top with chicken and bacon, followed by grape tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs and avocado. Sprinkle green onions on top.
5. Drizzle with dressing.
If you are serving for a crowd, a large glass bowl or trifle dish would be a great vessel to use to show off all of the ingredients within. I made this for my lunch each week and kept everything in separate containers in the fridge. Each morning I transferred everything into one bowl and took it to work.