Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 English cucumbers
- 6-8 radishes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
1. Slice the cucumbers into ½ inch rounds. Thinly slice the radishes, discarding the stems and bottoms.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, dill, chives, salt, pepper and sugar.
3. Place the cucumber and radish slices and scallions in a medium bowl.
4. Stir in the sour cream mixture, tossing to coat. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
5. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar if necessary.
The little bit of sugar in the recipe helps to balance the bitterness that comes from the radishes. While this can be eaten right away, its best to allow it to rest in the fridge first. The cucumbers will release their liquid which thins out the sour cream and better coats the rest of the ingredients.