There were a few years where my mom had a garden and the cucumbers had grown out of control and we ate cucumber salad very, very frequently. Luckily even eating this recipe many, many times I’ve never come to dislike it or get bored of it.
Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 english cucumbers
- ½ sweet Vidalia onion
- ⅔ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. Dill weed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
1. Use a vegetable peeler to peel away stripes of the skin on each cucumber, then slice into thin rounds.
2. Thinly slice the onion.
3. Add the cucumber slices and onion to a large bowl.
4. Add the apple cider vinegar and sugar to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring until the sugar combines. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. Pour the mixture over the cucumbers and onions, add the dill weed and salt and stir to combine.
6. Refrigerate for a few hours or up to overnight before serving.
At may not look like enough liquid at first, but as the cucumbers sit, they will release water. This salad is the perfect combination of sweet and sour and goes so well with all of the classic summer time dishes such as burgers, pulled pork, hot dogs, grilled chicken, etc.