I don’t know why I’ve never thought to add a cheeseburger to a salad before. It’s so simple! I typically eat my burgers with lettuce and tomato, so why not use a bed of vegetables for the burger instead of a bun?
Recently I’ve realized that if I pick and choose my carb consumption carefully (ex. saving them for the things I really want and skipping on things like burger buns) I can keep slightly better control of the number on the scale.
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
Who needs a bun when you can have a bacon cheeseburger salad?
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
For the Burgers:
- 1 ¼ lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4–6 slices cheese of your choice
For the Salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ cup dill sandwich pickles
- 4–6 slices bacon, cooked
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
2. Combine the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, Panko, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Form into 4-6 evenly sized patties.
3. Grill the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired temperature. Add a slice of cheese to each and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more, allowing the cheese to melt.
4. While the burgers are cooking, divide the lettuce, tomato, avocado and pickle slices among the bowls/dishes. Cut each slice of bacon into quarters and add to the bowl/dish.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, dijon mustard, mayo, and pickle juice until combined.
6. When the burgers are cooked, transfer to a plate and cut into pieces. Add to each bowl/dish.
7. Drizzle the dressing on top and enjoy!
Keywords: bacon cheeseburger salad, bacon, cheeseburger, beef, salad, vegetables,
The combination of ketchup, mustard, mayo and pickle juice really bothers some people (and I understand that) so you could easily chose your own dressing for this. The one created is similar to a Thousand Island in flavor and ingredients. You can also pretty much never go wrong with ranch!