The theme for #BundtBakers for October is “It’s Fall Ya’ll!”
When I think about fall, I think about apples, pumpkin and salted caramel. Individually, they’re all great ingredients and at first I planned on using just one or two of them, but then I thought “why not use all three?”
#BundtBakers: Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle
Apples and pumpkin flavor this festive fall bundt cake that’s topped with a salted caramel drizzle.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 12-16 slices
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 4 medium tart-sweet apples, peeled, cored and diced
For the Drizzle:
- ½ cup homemade or storebought salted caramel
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until lightened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the vanilla, applesauce and pumpkin until combined.
5. Slowly add the flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the diced apples by hand.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the counter for 1 hour. Use a butterknife to run around the edges of the cake, gently pulling it away from the pan.
8. Place a plate on top of the pan and flip over, inverting the cake onto the plate.
9. Warm up the salted caramel sauce until a pouring consistency and drizzle over the cooled cake. Sprinkle immediately with chopped pecans so they stick to the caramel. Slice and serve!
Keywords: apple pumpkin bundt cake, salted caramel, apples, pumpkin, cake, bundt cake, baking, dessert, bundt bakers
You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.