#Choctoberfest is in full swing over here on Cookaholic Wife! If you missed yesterday’s post, I found the best way to combine your morning coffee AND a filling breakfast.
Some people think that when you chose or are forced to go dairy free it means you miss out on a lot of sweets. While in some cases that’s true, I’ve quickly found that if I’m okay with substituting a smoothie for a milkshake I can still add in tons of delicious flavors. I opted to call this a smoothie versus a milkshake because its much thinner without the thickening agents of the ice cream and milk.
Another sponsor for #Choctoberfest is Barlean’s who has a hug variety of awesome, healthy products. Disclaimer: I received Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens, Essential Woman Omega Swirl Chocolate Mint Flavor and Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for free to use as part of #Choctoberfest. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
If you have a chocolate craving or an intense sweet tooth, this smoothie is going to satisfy both!
#Choctoberfest: Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Smoothie
Dairy-free cookies and cream ice cream is blended up into a smoothie.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Frozen Treats
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk (can be flavored)
- 2 scoops Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens
- 1 pint dairy-free cookies and cream ice cream
- 6 chocolate chip cookies, divided
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce
- dairy-free whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
1. Combine the almond milk, Barlean’s Chocolate Silk greens, ice cream and 4 cookies together in a blender. Blend until fully combined.
2. Pour chocolate sauce on a plate and swirl the rims of two glasses through it.
3. Pour sprinkles on a plate and swirl the chocolate coated glasses through them, creating a candy crust.
4. Pour the blended mixture into the glass, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a cookie.
Keywords: dairy-free, smoothie, chocolate, cookies and cream
Optional: to thicken the smoothie you could add a banana or ice. And if adding the banana makes you decide you want to drink this for breakfast, well, you’ll find no judgement from me! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
See what the other #Choctoberfest bloggers made!