Back in June I participated in a blogging event called #CookoutWeek with a ton of other bloggers. I found so many recipes that I wanted to make, it was unreal.
But one of the first ones that stood out to me was Pimiento Cheese Burgers made by Denise who writes Addicted 2 Recipes. I’ve heard of pimiento cheese before, mainly on Food Network and I knew it was a pretty southern dish, but I’d never had the opportunity to try it.
Pimiento Cheese Dip
A southern staple, this pimiento cheese dip is great for any gathering or slathered on top of a burger.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 1/4 cup 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 4 oz. smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz pimientos, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- black pepper, to taste
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the shredded smoked gouda, cream cheese and mayo. Beat on a low speed for 1-2 minutes or until just combined.
2. Stir in diced pimientos, red onion, parsley, smoked paprika and black pepper by hand until combined.
3. Serve with crackers or veggies.
Keywords: pimiento cheese dip, southern foods, gouda cheese, cream cheese, pimientos
The flavors of this recipe only intensify if you make it the night before and allow it to rest in the fridge, just make sure to pull it out at least 30 minutes prior to serving so it softens up enough to dip crackers or veggies into it!