Maple pecan bars are sweet, crunchy and delicious.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter with the powdered sugar and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
3. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add slowly add in the flour until combined. Transfer to a piece of wax paper, wrap up and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Combine the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, pecans and salt together in a bowl. Stir until combined.
5. Press the dough into the pan, using your fingers to even out and press to the edges. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Pour the pecan filling on top and spread it to the edges to completely cover the crust. Return to the oven for 20-25 minutes or until just set.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator for 2 hours before slicing into 16 bars.
Keywords: maple pecan bars, maple syrup, pecans, baking, bars, dessert