Better than a grilled cheese, this melt is full of salty ham and sweet apples for the best sweet and salty sandwich combination.
1. Place a medium skillet over medium high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Spread butter onto one side of each slice of bread.
3. Divide dijon mustard evenly over the bread slices, opposite side of the butter.
4. Place a piece of bread butter side down. Arrange 3 thin slices of the cheddar cheese on top, followed by 3-4 slices of the deli ham, then 2-3 slices of the apple, followed by 3 more thin slices of the cheddar cheese. Top mustard side down with another piece of bread.
5. Repeat to create the second sandwich.
6. Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden. Flip both sandwiches over, reduce the heat to medium low and place a lid on top of the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes more or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
7. Slice sandwiches and serve immediately.
Keywords: ham, cheese, apples, sandwich, melt, brunchweek,