These patriotic cookies are easy to make using cake mix and food coloring.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the powdered cake mix, eggs, applesauce and vegetable oil. Mix on medium speed until combined.
2. Divide batter evenly into three bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and mix until you reach the desired color you want.
3. Add blue food coloring to another bowl and mix until you reach the desired color you want. Refrigerate each bowl for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Drop tablespoon sized dollops of batter into the powdered sugar and roll to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Repeat with each color.
6. Bake for 9 minutes or until centers are set. Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: patriotic, holiday, fourth of july, cookies, cake mix cookies