July’s theme for #FilltheCookieJar is back to school. I swear the kids only got out a few weeks ago and traffic has just started to die down, but there are already back-to-school ads for clothing and school supplies, so I suppose we’re really just right on time to share a recipe like this.
#FilltheCookieJar is a blogging event hosted by Cynthia of Feeding Big.
I thought back to school to figure out what type of cookie or bar I could make for this challenge. In 9th grade, eating lunch from home or the cafeteria wasn’t cool, but eating from the vending machines was. So for longer than I care to admit, I’d spend $3 a day to get a bag of Cooler Ranch Doritos, a cherry Coke and a box of Reeses Pieces. The epitome of health, wasn’t I? 😉
While a cookie or bar using Doritos or Coke might have been more creative, I decided to stick with good old candy and find a recipe that used Reese’s Pieces.
#FilltheCookieJar: Monster Reese’s Pieces Cookie Bars
A peanut butter bar topped with Reese’s Pieces candies.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz. Reese’s Pieces candy
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla until combined.
3. Add in the baking mix and salt, mixing until combined, then add in the Reese’s Pieces and mini chocolate chips. The mix will be very thick, you may need to mix in by hand.
4. Spread into the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set.
6. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
Keywords: reeses pieces, candy, peanut butter, baking, bars
I may have accidentally purchased too many boxes of the Reese’s Pieces for this recipe. Yeah, accidentally. I quite enjoyed munching on them while these cookie bars were in the oven.
These bars come together in no time and are the perfect treat for after school or any time of the year. My coworkers devoured them in less than an hour.
Check out what the other #FilltheCookieJar bloggers made!