Happy National Peanut Butter Day!
Are you a fan of peanut butter or do you prefer the other nut butters out there? I can go either way. While some good old peanut butter is delicious with jelly on a soft bread sandwich, the richness of cashew butter is incredible to dip an apple or celery in.
Right away I wanted to make fudge for today and use up the remaining peanut butter chips that I received a while back. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough of them left to make an entirely peanut butter fudge, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the classic pairing combination of some good old peanut butter and chocolate.
Traditional fudge, made with a candy thermometer, is really not my thing. I have a candy thermometer and likely enough patience to make it that way, but when you can make fudge by microwaving together some ingredients and then refrigerating them…why not go that route?Print
Easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Swirled Fudge
No more messing with candy thermometers and exact temperatures, this Easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Swirled Fudge is made by microwaving ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 16 mins
- Yield: 16-20 squares
- Category: Fudge
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt, divided
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper on top, long enough to allow the sides some overhang. (Cut an inch or so slice into each corner of the parchment paper to make it fit better in the dish.)
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips with 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk (spray your measuring cup with non-stick to allow it to slide back out easily), 2 tablespoons of butter, ⅛ (a pinch) teaspoon of salt and the vanilla extract.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each for 1 minute to 1 ½ minutes, or until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the peanut butter chips with the remaining sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the melted peanut butter over the chocolate mixture and use a knife to swirl the peanut butter into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours but up to overnight.
- Using the overhang parchment paper, lift the fudge out of the dish. Slice into 16-20 squares.
Note: fudge needs to be refrigerated at least 3 hours before it can be sliced.c
Keywords: peanut butter and chocolate fudge, microwave fudge, dessert, fudge, candy
Rich, peanut buttery and chocolatey! What more could you want from an easy fudge recipe?
Peanut Butter Day Recipes
- 3 Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by The Freshman Cook
- E.T. Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Swirled Fudge by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Peanut Butter and Banana Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Fluffernutter Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- My Family’s Favorite Peanut Butter Cookie (recipe remake) by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie by Soulfully Made
- Nutter Butter Ice Cream Cone Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Granola Squares by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oatmeal by Frugal Pantry
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter Mocha Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits by The Redhead Baker
- Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn by The Gingered Whisk
- Peanut Butter Snowballs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Ginger Pasta by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Thai Inspired Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm