Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bake
Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bake tastes very similar to eggs benedict but comes without the stress of poaching eggs and perfecting the hollandaise sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
For the Eggs Benedict:
- 1 package (6) English muffins
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 8 thick slices cooked ham
- 4 green onions
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Hollandaise:
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the English muffins in half and place on the prepared baking sheet. Use 2 of the tablespoons of butter to butter the muffin side facing up. Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Dice the ham and green onions and add to the skillet, cooking for 5-7 minutes or until the ham is browned.
- Meanwhile, cut the toasted English muffins into 1 inch cubes and place in the prepared 9×13 baking dish. Add the ham and green onions on top.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the ham mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, onion powder, cayenne and salt. Pour over the ham mixture and cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place the baking dish on the counter one hour before you intent to bake it, allowing the ingredients to come up to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- While the mixture is cooling, add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper to your blender. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds, then begin drizzling in the melted butter and blend for 1 minute until fully combined and pale yellow in color. Taste, and adjust lemon juice or cayenne as needed.
- Cut the eggs benedict bake into 6 portions and plate. Drizzle the hollandaise sauce on top and garnish with chives or green onions if desired. Serve immediately.
Slightly Adapted From: Foodtastic Mom
Note: this recipe needs to be prepped and refrigerated overnight.
Keywords: eggs benedict breakfast casserole, breakfast, eggs benedict, casserole, overnight casserole, ham,