#FestiveFoodies: Butter Pecan Cookies
Butter Pecan cookies come together quickly and pack a punch of flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar + more for rolling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the pecans into an even layer on one of the prepared baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, salt and flour until a dough forms.
- Chop the cooled pecans and fold them into the mixture by hand.
- Scoop golf-ball sized cookies and roll in the extra sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with a glass or your palm.
- Bake for 8 minutes then rotate the cooking sheets and bake for 7-8 minutes more or until just golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Adapted from: Martha Stewart Everyday Magazine
Keywords: butter pecan cookies, pecans, sugar, cookies