While it’s origins aren’t clear, Hot Milk Cake is a buttery, vanilla cake that stands the test of time for a delicious, easy to make cake.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2. Add the butter to a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted. Stir in the milk and vanilla and heat until the mixture begins to bubble around the edges, but does not boil.
3. Meanwhile, add the eggs and sugar to a mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
4. Slowly pour some of the milk mixture into the mixer while it’s running. Add ½ of the flour mixture, then the remainder of the milk mixture, then remainder of the flour mixture.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt Pan and bake for 1 hour.
6. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting over a wire rack to continue cooling.
7. While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting.
8. Combine the sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
9. Then reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, continuing to whisk. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla until smooth.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes or until it is cool enough to handle, then pour over the cooled cake. Remaining frosting will keep in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Cake Source: Culinary Hill
Keywords: hot milk cake, cake, baking, sweetened condensed milk