I feel like that’s not a sentence uttered by many people. When given the choice between burgers, Mexican, pizza or seafood, most people aren’t like “oh no thanks, I’ll eat my lettuce.” But that is exactly what happened.
Filling, flavorful and full of texture paired with a sweet and tangy dressing, this salad really has no competition.
#FantasticalFoodFightis a monthly blogging event hosted by Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. Each month bloggers are assigned a theme in which to create a recipe. The theme for this month is salad and I knew I simply could not pass up sharing this salad recipe with you.
Source: Cookaholic Wife
- For the Honey Mustard:
- 3/4 cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Salad:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 cups mixed green lettuce (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1 large tomato, sliced into wedges
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 1 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 mini cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
1. Combine ingredients for honey mustard in a medium bowl. Mix until combined, then transfer half of the mixture to another container.
2. Place the chicken in the bowl with the remaining honey mustard mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
3. Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Place chicken on grill pan, discarding remaining sauce, and cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
4. Slice chicken into pieces.
5. Divide lettuce, tomato, carrots, cabbage and cucumber between bowls. Top with chopped chicken, bacon and avocado. Drizzle remaining dressing on top.
6. Honey mustard dressing will keep for a week in the fridge if not used all at once.