They asked for something with Oreos because I hadn’t done anything with them in a while. It was pretty easy to choose a recipe after that! Who can say no to cheesecake on top of a brownie? This dessert is rich and decadent and sweet enough that you may only eat one.
#BakingBloggers: Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
The ultimate decadent dessert: Oreo cookies on top and crumbled into cheesecake on top of a brownie.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 16-20 bars
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
For the Brownie Layer:
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 8 oz. bricks cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package Oreos, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray and place parchment on top, leaving overhang on the edges for easier removal. Lightly spray on top of the parchment too.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar and cocoa powder until combined. Whisk in eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated, then whisk in the vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt, then stir into the butter mixture until no lumps of flour remain.
4. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread brownie batter to the edges.
5. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven and place on a wire rack, letting it cool for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake mixture by adding the softened cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beating on medium speed until fully combined, about 3 minutes.
7. Add in the eggs, one at a time until fully combined, then add in the vanilla.
8. Remove 10 of the Oreo cookies from the package and place in a food processor. Pulse until they are fine crumbs. Fold into the cheesecake mixture with a spatula.
9. Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the cooled brownie mixture, spreading to the edges.
10. Roughly crumble the remaining Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top of the mixture.
11. Bake for 35 minutes or until the mixture is set and just barely jiggly in the center.
12. Cool on the counter for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerate and continue cooling for 2-3 hours.
13. Lift the bars out using the overhang of the parchment and slice into squares. Keep refrigerated.
Adapted from: Baking a Moment
Keywords: cheesecake, brownies, oreos, baking, chocolate
These bars would freeze nicely if you were interested in portioning them out and bringing one for a lunch treat. I can’t wait to make these again!
Check out what other bars and brownie recipes the other bloggers have shared!
- Chocolate Brownie Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Pecan Bars by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Brownies starting with a Box Mix by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dark Magic Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Salted Caramel Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Egg-Less, Butter-Less, Chocolate Ragi Brownie by Cook with Renu
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Brownies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- No Bake Reese’s Bars by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Nutella S’Mores Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pineapple Bars by Simply Inspired Meals
- Triangle Delight Bars by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking